Music Banter - View Single Post - Dangerous, Michael Jackson
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 06:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

I LOVE this album! This was a very important album for him because this was HIS album and he showed to the world that he was HIS own artist outside of Quincy's production. It was an amazing album from start to finish. The album produced four top ten singles on the Billboard Hot 100 including one number-one. The album's music features elements of R&B, pop, rap and rock while also incorporating a newer genre, new jack swing, after the inclusion of producer Teddy Riley to the project. Lyrical themes expressed in the album included racism, poverty, paranoia, romance, the welfare of children and the world and self-improvement, topics Jackson had covered before. Dangerous, like Bad and Thriller, cemented Jackson's place in music history as one of the leaders of contemporary pop music

Dangerous was the first album to be produced fully by Jackson, with additional production from his friend, Bill Bottrell, and Teddy Riley, whose contribution presented Jackson with a younger urban audience. Jackson earned writing credits on all but two tracks on the album. In addition to commercial success, the album received critical acclaim from contemporary critics. It has been listed as the most successful album of all time in the new jack swing style.

Tracklisting

1. Jam

2. Why You Wanna Trip On Me

3. In The Closet

4. She Drives Me Crazy

5. Remember The Time

6 Cant Let Her Get Away

7. Heal The World

8. Black Or White

9. Who Is It >>>>>> One of the best songs he has written

10. Give In To Me ft. Slash

11. Will You Be There>>>>>>>>> another great song he has written