Music Banter - View Single Post - Music is subjective
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 06:17 PM   #77 (permalink)
mirosurabu
Groupie

Quote:
You're rude because you have manners? Is this a joke? Please explain because I am just lost on that one...
No, it's not a joke. And yes, it is true. It is precisely because I have manners that I'm rude. Manners require that you put a limit somewhere. Once that limit is crossed you're forced to lash out at the person. It's impossible to be infinitely tolerant because that would lead to the disappearance of the tolerance. What's happening here is that people do not understand that what is and what is not rude depends on the context. In reality, without taking context into account, anything can be perceived as rude provided there is a person sensitive enough to perceive it as such. "God does not exist", for example, is often perceived as an insult by religious people. But within intellectual discussions such statements ARE NOT perceived as rude but, rather, as polite! because that's how these discussions work, whereas statements where you accuse people of "pseudo-intellectual trolling" or arguments which lack elaboration are perceived as rude (and for a very good reason.) And just like a friend of a friend who insults you will get a punch in his face, a person who dismisses my arguments as "pseudo-intellectual trolling" will be called by his name. You get my point? People here do not understand how intellectual discussions work.

Quote:
Why don't you try debating instead of lashing out at people?
See, I'm already doing that.

Last edited by mirosurabu; 08-02-2013 at 07:12 PM.
mirosurabu is offline   Reply With Quote