Music Banter - View Single Post - Moving To A New Forum
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 02:12 AM   #22 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by 216 View Post
maybe u already said but i dunno what features u want i mean i know from what u are sayin that admins arent around but is there anythin real drastic hat u want that the admins wont do???????
Here I've mentioned a blog part of the site, a chatroom, an internet radio station that members can do shows on. I'm sure we could think of other things as well.

I think that creating the right environment is crucial to creating the sort of community you want. Let's say you want to encourage people writing to writing band articles, album reviews or doing album clubs. You should make the environment so that it rewards these things. Right now, in order to find out what's written in a journal, you have to find the journal. Instead of members writings being actively promoted by the site, it is hidden. What if it was presented someplace else where it was easier to see?

Basically, a new site gives possibility of new features and increases the possibility to mold the MB environment into a place that rewards the things we like. The community should change over time in response, making it easier to get involved with other members . A new site could make the MB experience more rewarding overall, especially for those who contribute the most like moderators (who would have more control over the site), those who like to write longer pieces and those who actively try to involve the community, f.ex by album clubs or members compilations. My feeling about present day MB is that if you invest a lot in it, you don't get much back and sooner or later, you may feel disillusioned as a result. I would like for that to change so that the more you put in, the more you feel rewarded.

Last edited by Guybrush; 08-03-2013 at 02:18 AM.
Guybrush is offline   Reply With Quote