Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 10:22 AM   #7423 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnels View Post
I think that TVU in general are kind of boring. The only tracks I liked on their first album were the ones that featured Nico.
Oh god. Oh god no. Nico is awful. Just awful. She is actually from Germany and yet she somehow manages to make her accent sound fake and pretentious.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansa Stark View Post
Yep.

I think some of the "classics" are just as boring as some classic literature, it's a bunch of people pretending to like it, then half of that bullies people about ~~~~not getting it~~~~
I can certainly agree with some of that. The second half of VU&Nico is pretty dull, and every song with Nico just sounds pointless. And "The Gift" off of White Light/White Heat is fun the first time you hear it, but after that it's just filler. But every other song on that album is fantastic. I haven't listened to much of them after White Light/White Heat, so I can't say much about the later albums.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote