Music Banter - View Single Post - Motorhead
Thread: Motorhead
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 10:37 AM   #120 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

It may be, but consider Motorheads schedule and the possible reasons for it.

Motorhead play here in Newcastle pretty much every year around about October or November. How many times they have been here in the last ten years I don't know, but lets say it isn't every single year and I would guess at maybe seven at least. That means within those twelve months they tour the world, play the festival circuit (as they usually do) and write, rehearse and record new albums. That is an intense schedule for any band, never mind a band the age of Motorhead.

You could argue then that slowing down could offer its advantages. However, maybe Motorhead continue to keep such a packed schedule because it's what they want, what they enjoy, and what they are used to. If thats the case then they will likely continue until some incident like this likely ends it. Lemmy could well die on tour. I would say the chances are good.

The thing is though that if this is Lemmys life, and the way he prefers to greet old age then whether or not he sees the day when he is a destitute old man probably isnt all that important to him. I also dont know where he lives or how much money he has or anything like that, but with such a hectic schedule that probably doesnt mean all that much to him either.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote