Music Banter - View Single Post - Moving To A New Forum
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 06:35 PM   #28 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I don't think you understood what I was trying to say. Or maybe we just believe in two different things fundamentally but I feel like if you love doing something then all the time and effort that you put into it doesn't need rewarding. Doing the work is reward enough. If you are only doing something because you want to be rewarded then that's what I'm calling "misguided"
By your logic, why bother writing on a forum at all? I mean, if you love writing album reviews, why not just write it in .txt files and save it on your computer?

I don't want people to have to love writing album reviews for it to be rewarding to do. The whole point of writing on a forum is to share so why not share more? Should being a contributor here only be valid to the most passionate of us, those who might as well write in those .txt files? If that's how high the bar's gonna be, that basically means less people will do it. And the whole argument was about making more people do it more often. How do you manage to think of an idea like a site showcasing the hard work of its members as if it's a bad thing? To describe the goal of making an environment more nurturing towards productivity as misguided sounds like .. you're missing the point.