Music Banter - View Single Post - R&B Album Swap
Thread: R&B Album Swap
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 12:04 PM   #31 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

I really adore Robin Thicke and I am happy with his success.

I wasnt really feeling "Blurred Lines" off first listen but after hearing it for the millionth time it is pretty catchy (because of the Marvin Gaye Got to Give It Up sample and the MJ Dont Stop Till You Get Enough sample where they took MJ's "whooaaaa" in the background lol) but still not one of my favs from him. I LOVE For the Rest Of My Life, Good Life, Top Of The World, Ooo La La though. He has alot of good potential dance cuts on there that sound really good such as Aint No Hat 4 That, Get In My Way, Give It 2 U>>>> Kendrick killed his verse on the song. Its a pretty strong album. Robin never fails to impresses. Each of the songs sound different and are creative. Very good album and Im going to pick it up soon.

I know I am a little late but I am going to quicky review the other albums that have been discussed already.

Toni Braxton-Self Titled album
I am a big Toni Braxton fan. She is such an amazing singer and her debut is a CLASSIC. That is probaby my favorite album from her. Songs like You Mean The World To Me, Love Shoulda Brought You Home, Seven Whole Days, Another Sad Song and Breathe Again. Also, I just loved her look during that era. She was so beautiful with the short hair (she still iswith any hair style but I just really loved that style on her). This is a MUST have album

Anthony Hamilton- Coming From Where Im From
He is one of my favorite artists of this generation.This man is one of the most underrated R&B voices of this generation today. This man sings his heart out and makes you want to cry. He puts so much emotion in his singing and he has such a soulful voice. I think his voice is very unique because not only is it soulful but he has a unique raspy tone which I think works with the style of music that he makes. I really love this album from him which I feel was a very strong debut for him. My favorite song from the album is Coming From Where Im From, Charlene, Since I Sent' You, Mama Knew I Love, Cornbread, Fish and Collard Greens.

Aaliyah- Aaliyah
Ive always loved Aaliyah and its unfornate that she passed so young she had a promising career. I always wondered want the mainstream scene would be like if she had stayed alive. I think it would be alot different. I really love this album from the production, lyrics etc. This was Timbaland at his best and the great Static did his thing as well. This was a strong album. My favorite songs from the album are Loose Rap, Rock The Boat Whatever, I Care 4 U, Those Were The Days, You Got Nerve, What If, You Messed Up. I liked the electic sounds and genres that were experimented with. I need to buy this album again because it cracked RIP Aaliyah

Lyfe Jennings- Phoenix

Lyfe is cool but Im not a huge huge fan but I like him. I think he is a good singer but he needs stronger material. I like that he at least writes his music and plays an instrument. He has been through alot so glad he turned his life around.
Favorite tracks- S.E.X, Down Here, Up There, Still Here, Slow Down- is catchy and the production is nice but the lyrics are generic/cheesy

Last edited by Soulflower; 08-04-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote