Music Banter - View Single Post - Distortion
Thread: Distortion
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 03:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
Mondo Bungle
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene

Top 10 Music Listening Experiences

Ufomammut - Snailking

These bottom three spots all belong to first time listens of the entire album. This one came more recently, as after hearing so many good things about Ufomammut, I wanted to give them a hear. I only had their first album, Godlike Snake, before I quit internet for the day. I have to go next door to my grandparents back porch if I want to get online. I didn't listen to the entire album, but I did play a few select songs, which I liked. It was some pretty good stoner metal, with a lot more added psychedelia. The next day, I got their next three albums. Afterwards, I was alone in the house, and I was trying to figure out which album to play. I put on Snailking.This one was heavier, and had cleaner recording and even more mind juggling psychedelic effects. The stereo my neighbor had let us borrowed kicked all kinds of ass, and I had this album turned up all the way. The house was shaking, at least it felt that way. Monstrously awesome riffs and sounds poured out of the speakers. My neighbors three houses, and a couple tool sheds and a garden down could probably hear it. Listening to heavy as f*ck, psychedelic as sh*t stoner metal made me long for a bowl, or three, you know. But it still blew me away. "God" is my favorite track on the album, and when it came on, I was basically mid sh*tting my pants. And then there's the epic, brain melting last track, long droning interludes included. I'm glad I listened to this, because it may very well be my new favorite stoner album. Move over Holy Mountain and Come My Fanatics.

I recommend this to any fans of psychedelic, metal, and generally heavy music, you should be thoroughly blown away after a listen to this.

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote