Music Banter - View Single Post - The Oldies
Thread: The Oldies
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 02:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Funkmaster Red
Groupie

Exclamation The Oldies

When I was growin' up from my first to sixth year of grade school I virtually listened to just Oldies music. Back in those day folks known me as 'oldies man dan' due to my love for that type of general music. Then in the fall of 2002 (If I remember correctly it was in early Oct) was when a super superb radio DJ legend named Dick Biondi said that he was going to relocated his Cool 95.9 station. The most memorable part about Dick's radio station was just before it moved. Dick's aired a special Top 1000 oldies hits, from A-Z! I actually printed the list out and it took up about 13 pages but unfortunately I have lost that list over the years.

So now I'm dedicating this thread to the 1st Oldies era and to yall that don't know that's from the late 1940's to 1973. Also to all the DJ's who still honor and play them golden oldies from back n their day. Now n dayz I'm a loyal listener to the best station in Chicago that's V103! I very much enjoy listening to Herb Kent ('The cool gent' another DJ legend) every Sunday. He's got quiet a good show goin' on with his Deep dusties and the Battle of the best! So yall feel free to post your favorite oldies hits, bands and groups. Lastly talk about any concerts u been to way back n the day or oldies musicians you've meet
Funkmaster Red is offline   Reply With Quote