Music Banter - View Single Post - The Originality Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 10:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Default The Originality Thread

No matter how original, everything is inspired by something, right? Here's the idea...I'm going mention a fairly original (in my opinion) album, say why I think it is original, and the next person has to post an album that they think inspired it in some way. Then another person can say what they think inspired THAT album and so on.

The album you post HAS to be older than the previous album mentioned and you HAVE to say why you think it inspired the previous album. This is to promote some discussion, folks. When I think we've hit the source (or we get bored), someone can post another more recent album and we can start the whole damn thing over again.

I'll start with one of my favorite albums from this year:

Unknown Mortal Orchestra's latest album II

I can definitely hear some very easygoing 60's vibes going through this music, but they do it in such a quirky and original way...at least in a way that most people don't touch on these days. It's sparse but the melody is still there, as is the case with a lot of their songs. They definitely pursue things that I think many people wouldn't bother touching and they turn it into pure gold.