Music Banter - View Single Post - Lana Del Rey
Thread: Lana Del Rey
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 09:37 AM   #60 (permalink)
BlueGreenMood
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin B. View Post
Lana Del Rey was pummeled by critics for her 2012 debut performance on Saturday Night Live which some attributed to a bad case of stage fright. To make matters worse, the following week SNL performer Kristen Wiig did a hilarious parody of Lana as a vacuous model on the show's Weekend Update segment. Apparently Ms. Del Rey was a one time runway model which made her an even easier target for ridicule.

Ms. Del Rey's management cancelled a 30 date North American tour in the wake of the negative reviews of SNL performance.

My own take on Lana Del Rey is she is a hugely talented singer and songwriter whose major label debut album was over-hyped by her management and record label. I didn't see the SNL performance by Lana Del Rey but I've seen her on the Letterman show and she was fantastic.

I've not watched the SNL performance, not avoiding it, but for some reason I've never felt inclined to.

My friend watched it and said was a bit whiny, which I could see from someone who isn't into her voice. I've watched other performances by her and they seem perfectly in tune with what I expect from her as an artist.
BlueGreenMood is offline   Reply With Quote