Music Banter - View Single Post - Affordable Health Care Act
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 08:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
How is setting up appointments to be seen? Is it a lengthy process? It seems like that would be an issue as well. With more people being able to be seen, there will be a limited amount of healthcare professionals to be seen.
Well, I have private health insurance through my employer so for me nothings changed. You just get hit with $6k in taxes if you don't have coverage.

For the most part, people seeing healthcare providers will reduce long term problems because things are nipped in the bud when it isn't costly, not allowed to fester when it becomes costly.

Secondly, Massachusetts is a fairly health-conscious state. People try to eat local and organic which would go along way toward ending medical problems. People don't really smoke here like the do in the South or abroad, and its a fairly active state. So what happens here won't necessarily work else where.

Third, people aren't Government-phobic here, and we've got a vigorous and active electorate that's well educated and suspicious. We're mid-pack in taxes and top ranked in health, education, and quality of life.