Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 11:40 PM   #24705 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

I had a ****ty call today, which later made me feel like a jackass. It featured an unauthorized party (someone whose name was not on the account) and an ostensibly authorized party. I was on speakerphone with them. Without verifying an authorized party or account holder, I cannot continue a call on speakerphone for security purposes; I have to verify SOMEONE, then get their permission to continue the call that way; I tried numerous times to do so.

I warned the unauthorized person that if I couldn't speak with and verify the account holder, I couldn't continue the call. She chose to be a bitch instead, all, "I'll tell YOU what's gonna happen."

After some time of this, I finally disconnected the call, told them that I could not continue a hands-free call (exact terminology I used) after innumerable warnings.

About twenty minutes later, a half dozen people crowded around my desk, all laughing. I got off my call, and they were like, "You know that call you disconnected for being hands-free without verification?"

I was all, "Yeah?" because that's not a horribly common occurrence.

"Well, they called back. Turns out the account holder has no hands. Literally."

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote