Music Banter - View Single Post - We've got a major problem...
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 01:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

I think a bold and positive step has been taken, very, very recently in that regard.

That said - I think what we desperately, desperately need is some sort of hook to remind people who do come here only to frequent the lounge and the shoutbox, that there are good things to read in the other forums. I'm a prime offender - I spend almost all of my time here in the lounge or shoutbox, purely because I've become comfortable checking those places and leaving other stuff unread. Nothing drags me away from there as I just use the lounge and shoutbox to get people discussing music in plug.dj sessions, the rest of the forum for me is relatively untouched, even talk instruments, since Mr.Dave and RezZ were the only other regular posters there and have left it to itself for a long time.

That said, the shoutbox is definitely about to get a lot better, and that was a really good "hook" way back when, before it became the cliquefest you describe - it might simply be time to start talking more music in there, and less harry potter, gender politics, self-righteousness, mockery of the unaware and fetishes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!