Music Banter - View Single Post - We've got a major problem...
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 04:04 PM   #34 (permalink)
Ninetales
Music Addict

Hello nublet here. (As an aside I dont have an inclination to leave this place. yet..)

I think the main issue here is what was said earlier in that the actual music portion of the forum is being overshadowed by the lounge. Ive already found a lot of really cool and interesting music from members here but its mostly happened on plug.dj. If it wasnt for that I'd have a hard time figuring out what kind of music almost any of the members here even like (albeit ive only been here for like a month or two). It seems like the bulk of the music forums are just about singular artist which really dont create much discussion other than "I like them" or "I dont like them". I guess I could start making threads that I find to be interesting but it doesnt seem worth it if people arent interested too. I tend to not make threads when Im relatively new to a forum just so i can gauge other members and their interests but this one has been pretty hard to do in terms of their music tastes, on the forums that is.

In terms of the clique-ness I think that happens in most forums. Especially since theres a lot of members here that have been around for years which tends to make feelings on other long term members stronger (whether in liking or disliking). Personally I havent felt that I must belong a this clique or that one around here but again im like 40 posts in so what do i even know.

Generally everyone that ive interacted with has been cool and I can tell I can learn a lot from a variety of members, while contributing some of my own tastes too. MB could be a lot worse, and I think it just takes a few interesting music threads and discussions to make it a lot better.