Music Banter - View Single Post - We've got a major problem...
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 04:21 PM   #39 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
I agree with Duga's original post that a lot of what goes on in the lounge is very much the rotten apple of the forum and too many people spend too much time on there fuelling up the dramas on there and it's usually the same culprits. There's nothing wrong with a debate and a bit of fisticuffs as we don't necessarily want a forum with angels either, but when it becomes constant trolling and verbal abuse I think that should be knocked on the head straight away. Personally I think the mods should take a firmer hand with certain people on here that are unable to interact in a decent manner, For example that Serbian nut that was one here and got banned, after spending about a week abusing people that didn't agree with him, he really should have been warned after the first abuse and banned on the second, I don't know why it went on for so long. If this type of no-nonsense message was made clear then the drama whores would leave and there would be a greater focus on music debate.

Normally I'm not one for a strict control on most things but when it comes to an internet forum, I think those in authority have a responsibility to go tough on offenders from the word go.
Again, I really, REALLY don't think moderation is the problem here. At some point members, and that includes me, you, and everyone else, have to stand up and say "If the mod team need to be stricter with us, then we are not being strict enough on ourselves".

Crowing for greater "control" or whatever, is just going to destroy the easygoing atmosphere we currently have, and won't make anyone any more "welcomed".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!