Music Banter - View Single Post - We've got a major problem...
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #55 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

I suppose I should admit I'm probably one of the few people here who doesn't log on to find new music. I really don't. I mean, if someone praises something I may try it (Ki, you just got me into Devin Townsend big time and I mean BIG TIME!) but that's more a product than an aim of what I'm looking for here.

Say this is sad all you want, but I live and work (as it were) at home with just my sis as most of you know, and I can't get out to the pub (not that I drink) and don't have any real friends I can see, so I come here to meet the people I have made my friends here. I'm far more interested in hearing what's going on (good or bad) in Vanilla or Unknown Soldier or Urban's life than I am really about what they're listening to; often, I wouldn't be at all interested in their music. But I like them as people.

The Lounge I frequent but there are threads I won't touch and I've become used now to staying out of discussions where I know I might blow a gasket and ignite a fire. I'm certainly guilty of at the very least contributing to some Major Drama (gotta capitalise those!) and do regret it, although I certainly would not take all the blame for any of them. But I'm aware some people find me preachy, holier-than-thou and other things. I'm not really, but I can't do a lot about how people see me; well that's stupid, of course I can. But sometimes no matter how much you defend yourself someone will see you in a certain way and you're never going to change that view.

I personally try as hard as I can not to get involved in drama, not always it has to be said successfully, but I hate having to go to the final, ultimate step of putting someone on Ignore. However, when you're logging on dreading to see a particular username I think that you have arrived at that point where this is your only option.

I used to try welcome new members, but it was really nothing more than a "Hi, welcome, stick around" message and probably came across as the equivalent of a standard letter with the signature on a rubber stamp and signed by some flunky. Still, I suppose you could say at least I tried.

Many of you have it right here: no need to be so serious. We're in all likelihood never going to meet, so even if Hermione wants to smash a chair over my head or I want to punch someone in the face, it's never gonna happen so why stress over it? It's wasteful energy and goes, and gets you, nowhere.

Trite and cliched a phrase as it may be --- and I include myself in this --- can't we all just simply get along?