Music Banter - View Single Post - Tell everyone what you do for a living?
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 07:52 PM   #197 (permalink)
NSW
Bigger and Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumor View Post
I used to come on here and bitch about not having money for college
Well....I GOT MY SCHOLARSHIP!!!
I'm late in saying so but....CONGRATS lady! I hope you're very proud of yourself.

Currently my job is sales support / estimating supervisor for a steel fabrication company. I've worked at the same company for 15 years (so old!), started off in data entry, worked my way up to production control assistant, then sales support, and now I'm the supervisor for a small group of people (which is only 2, haha). For a long time now I haven't really had a 5 year plan because I've been mostly happy at the company I'm at and live comfortably, however now that I'm in my thirties I'm finding myself feeling more and more unsettled and restless. Also there's been a change in the structure of my company that's been preventing me from moving up to a management position. So, I'm thinking about putting my resume out there to see if I get any hits. Not actively looking I guess, but just to see if I can get some good bites. And if the right job comes up, then I might just persue it! Since I have a lot of experience with Oil&Gas companies, I'm hoping I can get on board with one of them and possibly get a job that requires travel. It's a long shot, I know, but I have no children and nothing really tying me to one spot, so why not put it out there?

My real dream is to be the next Rick Steves, but...yeah. Not gonna happen. I could so travel the world and eat food like a champ though.