Music Banter - View Single Post - We've got a major problem...
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #85 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Regarding the starting topic of the thread: Music is being talked about less and less.

The same people saying that in this thread are the same ones not participating in music forum events. A prime example would be a thread I created about 2 weeks ago which involved 10 users submitting a song to me of their choice. After receiving 10 I was to put it into a compilation (tagging everything...meta/etc) and release a link where people could download this 10 song album and then discuss everyones pick in the thread. Do you know how many PM's I recieved with songs....? 1 from a new member that had joined a week ago and thats it.

Many other compilation and mixtape type threads used to exist and they died out because no one was posting in them except the same core group of people. Urban brought up a great point in his journal (another thing people do not take the time to read...all the great journals like Trollhearts, Urbans...and many more) that most of the replies in the what are you listening to threads, albums "reviews", and band threads are just filled with one sentence responses and youtube videos with absolutely nothing else in the post.

I think the biggest part of the music forums feeling dead like they do is the member interaction through events like compilations/mixtapes/contests/etc...We need more of this and it is not just up to the mods to do so but the regulars as well (myself included). Hopefully someone actually reads this and gives what I said a thought. I am not the oldest forum member but have been here for 6 years which is long enough to see that member participation has gone wayyyyy down.

Lets fix that, or at least discover some new ways get people involved.
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*