Music Banter - View Single Post - We've got a major problem...
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 01:45 AM   #113 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misspoptart View Post
I third or fourth the move to hide the Lounge from "New Posts." None of the mods responded to this idea, is it feasible/possible? Would you consider doing it?
It sounds like a technical thing and it's not something that can be done with just a flip of the switch by the mods. I feel like it's something they have to go to the Admin for and we all know how that's going to turn out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumor View Post
I think we should all give up.
You would!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
Duga, I agree with your original post. MB was nothing like the bitchfest it is, as you call it, when I first signed up. And people were merited by their discussion of music and what they had to share, rather than who is BFFs with who etc. It has become very cliquey meaning that it is difficult for new members to feel as though they can fit into the community. The reason why I often take long absences from the forum is because I just get sick of all the drama, I love music and discussing music, as well as other interesting topics that the forum and its members offer, but often I just feel like I'm stuck in a year 9 high school class.

I'm not sure what the solution to the problem is. Maybe you could take a harsher approach towards members who tend to derail threads and go off-topic. One thing I've noticed about MB lately is so many forums go completely off-topic with silly, nonsensical and pointless banter that doesn't even relate to the thread.

I'm not sure how I feel about removing Lounge threads from New Posts. I don't think it is the actual Lounge threads that are the problem, I think it is more so the posts within ALL threads of the forum that are bitchy and off-topic. Plus, I still like viewing the Lounge threads, I'm sure many other regular members do, too.
Well that's nice that when you joined it wasn't a bitchfest but when I joined new members got ripped apart way more than they do now. Insults were thrown around like crazy by mods and members alike and there was just the same amount of clique like behavior as it is now just that it included different members. You either grew a tough skin or you run away. I actually couldn't take it for a bit and ended up stop posting until I got used to the abuse. We are extremely welcoming to new members than we were in the past so I don't see why people keep bringing that up. The amount of welcomes that new members get in their intro threads is pretty good actually. The fact that new members don't stay is that they probably feel like the music they listen to isn't discussed here or there isn't much music discussion going on.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.

Last edited by djchameleon; 08-08-2013 at 01:52 AM.