Music Banter - View Single Post - We've got a major problem...
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 02:03 AM   #117 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post

Well that's nice that when you joined it wasn't a bitchfest but when I joined new members got ripped apart way more than they do now. Insults were thrown around like crazy by mods and members alike and there was just the same amount of clique like behavior as it is now just that it included different members. You either grew a tough skin or you run away. I actually couldn't take it for a bit and ended up stop posting until I got used to the abuse. We are extremely welcoming to new members than we were in the past so I don't see why people keep bringing that up. The amount of welcomes that new members get in their intro threads is pretty good actually. The fact that new members don't stay is that they probably feel like the music they listen to isn't discussed here or there isn't much music discussion going on.
Oh absolutely right DJ! Back in the day it was the wild west. People would have flame wars with each other and it was all on! I honestly prefer that then to what is happening now. I definitely think that bitchiness and off topic posts need to be deleted far sooner so us mods will take all of this feedback on board. We want this to be the best place it can be. I would really like to see the cliques die down a bit and have people who may not like each other, get along for the sake of the forum and not cause unnecessary drama.

Personally I feel that I need to concentrate on music more than the lounge, I tend to get carried away in it!