Music Banter - View Single Post - We've got a major problem...
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 06:20 AM   #134 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

I think we're perhaps blowing out of proportion the whole thing about new people joining.

You can't make people stay if they want to and I don't think there's a massive amount of hostility towards people who do join. I think there's a feeling out process, seeing what this person is like, testing them and that kind of thing, but I've never been to a forum where that hasn't happened.

Basically if someone makes an introduction thread and about 10 people welcome them to the forum and they leave after doing nothing but a couple of posts in that thread I don't really see what else we can do, in the same way if someone says on the forum 'I like this band' and I say 'tell us why you like them' and try to get them to expand on the issue and they don't I'm obviously going not bother with them and be more drawn to the new members who do talk as well as the existing members.

There's been times when I've lurked around a forum, joined it and then thought, nahh.
It happens, a lot.

I'll talk to them, I'll have a laugh and a joke with them, but I'm not going to bottlefeed them endlessly in the hope they make one interesting post one day.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.