Music Banter - View Single Post - We've got a major problem...
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 09:10 AM   #136 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
tldr; people need to try to be more involved in the MUSIC community. instead of trying to remove everything that bothers us, perhaps we should try harder to be more supportive when it comes to music threads.
What makes you think they aren't?

The problem with the musical discussion is that its work. Either you go listen to something you've never heard before and give a pithy response on the one or two songs you've heard, or you go listen to the full album (or a few) and that takes time a lot of folks don't have.

I'd love to write more reviews, but when I do they go largely ignored, or worse you get some response that you (me) can't figure out and the most polite thing to do is just not respond. And sure, we can force ourselves, but music shouldn't really be a research project. We come to music at our own pace, and stumble over things and get passionate about it. The problem is that the further out on the fringe you go (and that's the benefit of the site), the fewer people are going to be interested.

If anything, we need a musical sightseeing tour. Like we'd agree to just let person A ramble for a week in some thread, and we all respond to their posts. It would be cohesive, and you could all enter the discussion form the same point. I don't think coming down from the mountain saying "get your **** together and talk about music more" like a parent screaming at a child is going to achieve anything but more disinterest in the site.