Music Banter - View Single Post - Music's dead.
Thread: Music's dead.
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 04:45 PM   #17 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog
Did you really say the Vines were taking risks?

Listen you, by the grace of god, were blessed to have found this place. Everyone comes here listening to their local KROQ offspring, and knowing classic rock, new **** and little else.

Im not going to blow my own horn here, but if you asked Me, Rise Against, Misfits, and Boo boo what bands were really a breath of fresh air in music today, you'd easily get 40 diffrent bands...at the very least.

MB is a portal to music you didn't know existed before, all you have to do is say something like "I really like [band] because of [reason] and we could **** out 14 bands that may do something similar but not at all the same.

Music's dead if you listen to corporate play lists, but in the seedy nightclub underbelly of music, there lies a heartbeat of passionate music and the deathrattle of of the corporate behemoth.

Its actually not that bad right now, if your 14 today, then you missed the horrid stretch of 98-01. Todays music seen is far more varied (even on three-peice suit radio) and its in no way dying.
True, i think everyone likes bands that no one else cares about, i mean i bring up obscure bands from the 70s like Focus and Gentle Giant, and people dont know what the hell im talking about, yet a lot of the bands i see mentioned on this forum i have never heard of in my life, its pretty ironic.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote