Music Banter - View Single Post - We've got a major problem...
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 10:28 AM   #145 (permalink)
Paedantic Basterd
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
My post was a legitimate question. This thread is just petty. Things change. They always will. If you want more music discussion then it's up to YOU to make it happen, instead of crying because things aren't the way you want them to be.
I'm just trying to point out the possible sources of complaints that were voiced early on. Someone mentioned that new members don't stay. I'm offering an explanation of why they may not.

And as for the bolded, in the past I have worked very, very hard for this community, and I have gone to great lengths to create forum events and topics to encourage discussion and a sense of community, but I did eventually tire of the work. The nature of album clubs, secret santas, and writing competitions involve work by everyone: those who create the events and those who participate in them. After the first year, I found that the participation declined past the point of value of the upkeep the threads required, so I wrapped them up.

Anyone is welcome to kick them back up again. It doesn't have to be a moderator, and for example, Chrysalis is starting a new album club which I think is a splendid idea. If anybody wants help starting a project, with the rules or graphics or whatnot, they are welcome to PM me, and I hope they know that.