Music Banter - View Single Post - We've got a major problem...
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #154 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
I think the answer is - longer term members started pushing their limits, and a variety of internal groups formed that changed the forum dynamic. The new members are being given the same short leash they always have been, so changing the way things are modded won't help.
This is actually a very good point and probably the cause of everything rotten on MB at the moment. Sure gradually over a period of time certain long term members (mentioning no names) have pushed their limits and there is certainly a semblance of a gang mentality amongst them in some cases, I've noticed certain people backing up others or turning a blind eye in certain situations, it's nothing serious but it's there. Once again I fall back on my original idea of stronger moderation, because only the mods have the power to install a level of control here. I mean when a long term member goes bad, there's really no excuse for it, they're hardly newbies that need reminding of how to behave

Finally I kind of praise Trollheart's post above, reflecting that MB should actually be a place that people can come to and discuss stuff without too much hassle....... who needs hassle on an internet forum when life's full of it anyway!
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History