Music Banter - View Single Post - R&B Album Swap
Thread: R&B Album Swap
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 02:12 PM   #56 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
When you mentioned that you liked doo wop R&B it made me think of him. I honestly haven't given him a fair shake. I haven't listened to any of his albums in full just singles here and there. I do recognize his talent and the talent behind his producing team The Smeagles or something like that.
Close enough lol... There called the "The Smeezingtons" which consists of Bruno Mars, Philip Lawrence and Ari Levine. It is a songwriting group and they use to write songs for other artists and they collaborate on alot of Bruno's songs as well. He writes alot of his own music too as well as for other artists. I think he is a pretty good songwriter too.

I think you should definitly check out his new album, "Unorthodox Jukebox". I havent purchased it yet but Ive listened to alot of the songs on the album and its SOOO eclectic. Bruno does Doo Wop but he also does, rock, reggae, soul, funk, r&b, jazz, carribean, etc. He does everything. He has an old school feel to his music and he is heavily inspired by alot of 70s and 80s music. The "Locked Out of Heaven" songs sounds like something "The Police" would make. He said he was inspired by them when he wrote that song.

You have to make some time out for D Angelo and Bruno!!! lol
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote