Music Banter - View Single Post - R&B Album Swap
Thread: R&B Album Swap
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 02:17 PM   #57 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by consumemedia View Post

I don't know if this album has been mentioned already in this thread but it can definitely be considered a classic in the Neo soul genre. I saw this guy give a surprise performance with ?estlove at Bonnaroo in 2012 and it blew me away.

That was actually going to be the next album I was going to ask if I could review!!! Brown Sugar is definitly a classic and it is a very important album for the Neo Soul genre. This album was really the album that innovated the genre "Neo Soul" and really propelled it to the mainstream arena. I posted some of that concert in the D Angelo thread. It looked like it was really good. I was fortunate to finally see him live last summer and it was an amazing show! I was suppose to see him along with Erykah Badu this past Saturday but he cancelled because of a medical emergency I just pray that he gets well soon. Alot of people were saying that his illness is drug-related and I hope that is not the case because he has been through so much within the last 10 years.
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote