Music Banter - View Single Post - We've got a major problem...
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 02:25 PM   #162 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post

I just think the drama would be less if people knew they were playing with fire. Attack someone once, and you get warned, second time you're banned. That needs to happen across the board, not based on who a member is or isn't.
That's what we do though.
The problem arises when you have to draw the line of when criticism of a member becomes abuse of a member and it seems everybody's opinion on this differs.

Let's say is Lisnaholic (because he's the least likeliest to do it) is constantly on your case all the time criticising everything you do on a regular basis. He's being irritating & rude and he's singling you out but he's not being abusive.
One day you get sick of this and say 'You're being an idiot, leave me alone' and he reports the post claiming you attacked him

If I infract or ban you I get the response 'Why is this person allowed to keep getting away with doing this'.

If I infract or ban him I get the response 'I was just making a point, he called me an idiot he should be getting punished.'

I do it to both of you I hear both these things. So no matter what the moderator does it's always the wrong thing in the eyes of the people involved.

That's the reality of what's going on here and it's happening more & more, and that's the kind thing that people need to moderate themselves over.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.