Music Banter - View Single Post - Music's dead.
Thread: Music's dead.
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 05:31 PM   #20 (permalink)
half_baked87
sammichestime

MUSIC is not dead, its just 99% of mainstream music is nostalgic recycled crap. notice how if theres one band that comes into the mainstream with a fresh sound, sooner or later theres a few thousand of them that just sound the same? ex. the entire seattle grunge scene in the early 90s (although i like grunge), or green day followed by blink followed by NFG etc... or creed, followed by nickelback followed by default followed by a bunch of other muffled bastards droning generic lyrics over an all too familiar song. as many people have said, most corporate radio stations and record labels simply use this years "hot button" to make as much money as they can, until theres another trend, then again they latch on. my advice is to just dig deep to find something original that makes you shake. so no, i dont beleive music is dead, and i dont think it will ever die, as long as theres a kid with an open mind, something to say and an instrument to speak through, there will be passion and originality in music.
half_baked87 is offline   Reply With Quote