Music Banter - View Single Post - Distortion
Thread: Distortion
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 03:31 PM   #16 (permalink)
Mondo Bungle
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene

Top Ten Music Listening Experiences

Planning for Burial - Leaving

First and foremost, I love this album, I've listened to it countless times. "Verse/Chorus/Verse" is probably the most hauntingly beautiful song I've ever heard.
This experience came during those last weeks in Reno. I was having a sleepless night again, it was three a.m, and I had been lying there awake for four hours. Music usually helps when I can't sleep, because if I'm not tired, I'll get bored and impatient, and start jerking around and stuff. With music, I can lie still and listen to it. And I can fall asleep to almost anything, from Biosphere to Agoraphobic Nosebleed. I put on my headphones, and put this album on. I was calm, for some reason, especially after the guitar got louder on the first track. It felt like everything had slowed down. I lied on my back, just listening, not thinking about anything. The album went by quickly, it seemed, I stayed awake the whole time. My goal was to go to sleep, but I felt better anyway. I did however, fall asleep minutes after it had ended, and slept great. It was fantastic, in complete silence and darkness, hearing nothing but this album.

If you like any slow music at all, you'll dig this. I don't know what to call it, post-drone doomgaze?

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote