Music Banter - View Single Post - Your favourite albums and what they mean to you
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 05:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Linkin' Park - Hybrid Theory

This album was very therapeutic for me during my junior and senior years of high school around the time the album came out. I was going through so many emotions during that time. The anger I felt from moving away from my childhood friends to a new town/high school and refusing to make friends there because I was pissed off at the whole situation and everyone. My high school years were treated like a job. I would go to school socialize a bit with whoever was there like they were my co-workers but if I happened to see them outside of school. I would completely ignore them like they didn't exist. Going to my part time job after school was nice but I always dreaded the day when I get my pay check. My mother would ask to borrow money and I would have been fine if it was going towards the house but she would had it over to her ****ing bf and the rage inside me just became blinding. I would go into my room and crank Hybrid Theory so loud while jumping on my bed and singing along with the lyrics.

After a couple of years Hybrid Theory became my go to album whenever I needed to vent my frustrations and to help me through whatever issue was bothering me. When I went into the military it seemed like everyone had a copy of this album. Whenever some type of party/event was going on. All we had to do was go to the nearest person's room and pick up their copy so that we could jam out to it while doing other things. So , I don't only associate it with difficult memories/times but also ones of joy while relaxing/chilling with people that I got along with well.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote