Music Banter - View Single Post - "What are you listening to right now" Threads Question
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 10:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
Does anyone else think that these "What are you listening to right now" threads might be stunting discussion?

I ask for two reasons:

1. I rarely go in the thread because its either a pithy one-off sentence or a youtube video.

2. I see them bumped a lot.

Do those threads (this is a "your opinion" question) prevent a band thread from being made or an existing thread from being elaborated on? I get the impression that they were created at the height of the "Being on MB with nothing to talk about" craze and they've carried over.

I'm not saying I'm right - I'm asking - but it seems to me we'd be better served by getting rid of them.
I definitely think they're usually just spam threads, but on occasion they do foster some discussion. Not so much the main "What Are You Listening to Thread" since their are so many posts a day and they're all posts of such different music, but the other ones tend to have a bit of discussion here and there.

But I also have to say that if you're posting in one of those threads, then you probably don't particularly feel like making/contributing to a more in depth thread about the band.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote