Music Banter - View Single Post - "What are you listening to right now" Threads Question
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 11:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
Does anyone else think that these "What are you listening to right now" threads might be stunting discussion?

I ask for two reasons:

1. I rarely go in the thread because its either a pithy one-off sentence or a youtube video.

2. I see them bumped a lot.

Do those threads (this is a "your opinion" question) prevent a band thread from being made or an existing thread from being elaborated on? I get the impression that they were created at the height of the "Being on MB with nothing to talk about" craze and they've carried over.

I'm not saying I'm right - I'm asking - but it seems to me we'd be better served by getting rid of them.
They serve a purpose and I rather keep them. I always go into them and listen to some of the songs that people post and regardless if they said anything about it. I might come across something new that I enjoy. I don't need to have commentary along with a track to decide whether or not I want to listen to something. Just like you said you can avoid it and unsubscribe from it but I definitely get mileage out of that thread and others like it.

I'm against getting rid of them and that's the bottom line. If people did want to really discuss a band/artist then they would create a thread about it anyways but most people realize that you won't get any new posts in said thread. You may only get a few views and that's about it.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote