Music Banter - View Single Post - We've got a major problem...
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 01:03 PM   #230 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopsych View Post
The usual defensiveness and near-defeatism. I doubt Yac refuses to make any technical changes, and technical changes are secondary for the issues that are bothering members. Many of us want more substance and less fighting. It sometimes feels like members vs. moderators, and no site can thrive that way. Friendly, visionary, can-do - I don't see those characteristics applying to any current mods, and I mean that matter-of-factly, not as an insult (I'm not "friendly" myself). Do any non-friends of the moderators disagree with my assessment? We need some moderators with those traits. If tore is more talk than action, then point me to someone with the right traits who is willing to be a moderator, my proposal to "be a part of the solution." This site can improve, if people are properly empowered.
The mods, past and present, and Tore, the front-runner for taking us to a new site, have all told you that the ownership has no contact with us. The ownership that decides what happens here in a technical sense. This exact issue is why Tore stepped down as a mod, after hitting the point of frustration with trying to get any of these things done.

If you're not going to believe (literally) every moderator the forum has ever had, as to why we can't have new technical features implemented, I think you're better off leaving the discussion. I really don't see what you get out of musicbanter if its truly as rotten to the core as you claim. The rest of us like it but admit it has problems, and are trying to fix that. You're doom and glooming everything, and thats if you're not going full conspiracy theorist on us about how petty and high and mighty the mods are that they'd consider sabotaging the technical improvement of the forum despite YEARS of requests from members, mods and ex-mods to make those changes.

Go elsewhere. You will be happier, and I doubt that the forum will miss you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!