Music Banter - View Single Post - What's the happiest you've ever felt?
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 08:28 AM   #26 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Maybe Pedestrian was getting mixed up with these Seven Sisters:-

This series of cliffs is iconic for Brits because they face across the channel to France and are refered to in the classic sentimental war-time song that went; "There´ll be bluebirds over the white cliffs of Dover..." (i.e. things will go back to being nice, but not until the war´s over)

I´ve also been lucky enough to have had moments when the world´s natural beauty has transported me out of myself, so that I feel connected to a benign and fabulous world - but not in places as spectacular as Yosemite and Antarctica.
( Antarctica, btw, is not only one of the most extreme environments on the planet, scratch the surface of it and it´s even weirder:-The Lost World of Lake Vostok | Watch Free Documentary Online )

Here´s a little vignette of what made me a lisnaholic; aged about 10, I spent two feverish weeks in bed with tonsilitis. The first day I was allowed out of bed I found myself sitting on the green carpet of our living room floor, the sun was shining, I was playing this Stones B-side over and over again when it suddenly dawned on me, "I don´t feel sick and I don´t have to go to school either!" When you´re 10 years old, that´s bliss!

Still get a buzz of well-being from this song; a little echo of that innocent euphoria of convalescence.

Last edited by Lisnaholic; 08-12-2013 at 07:38 AM.
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote