Music Banter - View Single Post - The Watch Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 01:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 216 View Post
bro im just gonan say theres a real real real fine line to walk with watches

fine line between:

high-class, established and confident businessman look and fedora wearing watch guy look

i feel like its cool to wear a nice watch but unless you are in a social class or work environement where other people with very expensive watches will notice how expensive and nice your watch is then its kinda a waste of money. cause people with expensive watches come off as pretentious. like if you need to tell someone unprovoked the expense of your watch then you shouldnt get one.

3 types of ppl have nice watches

1. ppl who can easily afford them and the price is of very small concern
2. ppl who are around other ppl with nice watches and not having one would slide you a half notch down on the social ladder
3. pretentious doucherbags
Or, y'know, people like me who think watches are impressive pieces of precision engineering?

For reference, this is the watch I'm looking at getting. Its not a ridiculously expensive one, for what it is - in the region of £150.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote