Music Banter - View Single Post - Meditation
Thread: Meditation
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 04:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
Mondo Bungle
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
Any tips?
It was honestly really hard for me to get into it. When I was first trying, I would get real restless and impatient, like I was expecting something to happen. I wouldn't be able to give any good tips, if at all. The best thing I could say is to just let yourself go, and empty your mind, even if that's cliche. It's like trying to fall asleep, best not to fight any feelings.

I know emptying your mind can be difficult sometimes, but it's rewarding. Like when you hear something, but are not quite sure what it is, and you focus a second to hear it again, and you're brain is completely silent in that instance.

Getting completely relaxed is usually the hardest part. It helps to be in a good position so that you don't have to force anything to stay in place. Search your body for anything that feels tense, and consciously relax it. Try to stack your vertebrae so that they hold the weight of your head, neck, and torso without effort (stole that from the internet). Only focus on your breathing. Breathe in slowly and deep. After focusing on breathing for a bit, you can cast that away, essentially focusing on nothing, thus silencing your mind. Once your mind is empty, and it feels like you're completely relaxed, it should be easy. Getting to that state is hardest part.

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote