Music Banter - View Single Post - The Instrument Recommendation thread
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 04:41 PM   #107 (permalink)
Reburon
Groupie

If anyone has a few thousand and are looking for a nice piano, the Yamaha CP 70 is absolutely B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L. A unique tone and quite a good size as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Jacks View Post
Hi all. I've been taking some beginner piano and theory classes and now I want to start getting more serious with it. I'm good around a computer and move around a lot as well. It seems to me like a electronic paino will be perfect for me. So now my question is, which piano is best for me?

I want to be able to interface with my computer and I know you need MIDI to do so.
1. How do I tell if my computer will already take MIDI interface?
2. If I can't, what kind of attachment will I need to make it work?
2. What is a good piano for the kind of composition work I want to do?
3. What is some software you would recommend to do this?

I am a student so being cost effective is always on my mind, and since I move something compact is nice as well. Thanks for the advice in advance.
1. I'm not great with technical stuff, but any music production software should support MIDI.
2. If not, I guess a MIDI-USB adapter would work.
3. I'm not good with individual models, although I have a few favourites. Generally, any piano with a decent brand should be acceptable. Make sure it as a MIDI out port though.
4. If you're starting out, I'd suggest Fruity Loops, to get used to simple stuff. If you're doing loops and things, Ableton Live (what I use) should do just fine

Last edited by Reburon; 08-12-2013 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Quote
Reburon is offline   Reply With Quote