Music Banter - View Single Post - Adopt a Newbie!
Thread: Adopt a Newbie!
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 07:05 PM   #2115 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Yeah that's more or less what I did too, dj, but it just seems like "call me if you need anything", which isn't I think what the spirit of this idea was originally about. I really don't know: I would have thought maybe introducing the newb to the members, finding out what they like and sharing some music info with them, maybe encouraging them to participate in certain threads with you --- you might say get them into using the shoutbox; I don't use that at all --- I dunno, I just think there should be more we can do to help new members find their way around. After all, a lot of people won't want to admit to not knowing or understanding something, whether to take a comment at face value for instance where if you know who the person is you'd be better able to make that distinction, and I think many won't PM because they think they'd be bothering the mentor.

I just think clearer guidelines, no rules or anything but a basic idea of what you as a mentor are expected to do and what the newb can expect you to do would be helpful.