Music Banter - View Single Post - Adopt a Newbie!
Thread: Adopt a Newbie!
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 07:16 PM   #2117 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

I've certainly no problem doing it, but I'm not sure if I'm the one who should. I mean, who am I to tell people how they should treat new members? I wouldn't presume. All I offered were suggestions, ideas. If anyone wants me to setup a list of let's say responsibilities I can, but I think either a mod or mods should approve that, or perhaps they should be the ones to set up the rules, if any are to be set up.

It's really not that big a deal to me; I'm thinking more of poor guys and gals who come on here looking to be adopted, are, and then nothing happens. Yeah I do like structure and I think this is one place where it's definitely needed. Saying "it's up to you" is all fine and good, but then you can decide to do nothing, or just do the minimum; basically, when you get bored being a mentor you can just forget about it, but what about the person you're mentoring? Maybe there should be certain qualifications? Again, I don't know: I'm just throwing ideas around here, despite the fact that dj thinks I'm setting myself up as the one to do this. I'm not. If enough people think I should then I may, but again is it my place to do that?

Remember: a newbie is not just for Christmas!