Music Banter - View Single Post - Kendrick Lamar on Big Sean's "Control" and Hip Hop Universe Goes Crazy
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 08:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
butthead aka 216
Account Disabled

Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankycaaant View Post
But Kendrick is better than everyone he mentioned with possibly the exception of K.R.I.T and Jay Electronica but K.R.I.T would never get himself involved in that sh*t. He's too level headed. And Electronica's been MIA for some time.

As for putting himself in the same category as Nas, Jay-Z, Eminem, Andre 3000 he's already better than Eminem. Andre's needing to drop a solo album to remind everyone why he's rated so highly. He's been making a transition into acting recently.
Jay's last album wasn't that great neither was Nas's so in recent form I don't see why it's so ridiculous for Kendrick to consider himself in that category. If Kendrick drops another album the same quality as his last two (8.0 and GKMC) he WILL be a top 5 MC. If not pushing for GOAT.
so then KRIT is pushing for GOAT too???? dude youre makin absurd statements right now.

first off andre has aways been over rated for me but thats neither here nor there

kendrick isn't on eminems level. not even close, at all. for you or anyone else to compare kendrick to guys like jay, nas, and em is just pure insanity and i cant believe ppl in this world have that thought in their brains. kendrick is relatively new, those guys have all put in 15 yrs in the game with extensive catalogs and classic albums. reasonable doubt, blueprint, SSLP, MMLP, illmatic etc. time will tell if 8.0 or gkmc will be a classic but i think you are really jumpin the gun to put him in the category of those guys. i think those 3 are in elite category.

i didnt even listen to all of jays new album yet but i thought nas's was actually alright even tho the subject matter got boring by the end of the album.
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote