Music Banter - View Single Post - Kendrick Lamar on Big Sean's "Control" and Hip Hop Universe Goes Crazy
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 08:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
The Big Dog

Eminem's a joke. Always has been, based on skills alone he never would have taken off had he not been white. He got the fanbase and hype he did because he was marketable as an underdog (I.E. the 8 mile)

Andre is not at all overrated, the guy has the most insane flow perhaps of all time the way he effortlessly strings complex lines together and they just float off his tongue is mesmerizing.

I don't think Illmatic or Reasonable Doubt are any better than GKMC, which are considered to be the two best works of Jay and Nas respectively. As for greatness being judged purely on who's been around the longest time, people who are absolutely terrible like DMX would be in the running.

If people are able to put Notorious BIG in their Top 5's after two albums, why not Kendrick?

As for this whole thing about 'classics' I don't buy into it. You're telling me just because one album is older than another it is better? If so Grandmaster Flash would never be knocked off the hip-hop totem pole. It's a ridiculous criteria to judge anything by. An album doesn't get any better after its release, it doesn't suddenly take on a life of its own and become something different so the age of it is irrelevant when discussing which is simply better.

As for Big K.R.I.T as an actual rapper he's as skilled as K.Dot, that's what I'm saying. K.R.I.T just hasn't had the breakout record yet to truly elevate him. But riddle me this, how is it that people with less extensive discographies like Biggie manage to skip your "more equals better" logic.

If we're talking who's the better rapper for example Big L was better than Jay-Z, but because Jay-Z has been alive longer and put out more records that makes Jay better in your eyes?
14232949 is offline   Reply With Quote