Music Banter - View Single Post - Kendrick Lamar on Big Sean's "Control" and Hip Hop Universe Goes Crazy
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 09:12 AM   #11 (permalink)
butthead aka 216
Account Disabled

Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankycaaant View Post
Eminem's a joke. Always has been, based on skills alone he never would have taken off had he not been white. He got the fanbase and hype he did because he was marketable as an underdog (I.E. the 8 mile)

Andre is not at all overrated, the guy has the most insane flow perhaps of all time the way he effortlessly strings complex lines together and they just float off his tongue is mesmerizing.

I don't think Illmatic or Reasonable Doubt are any better than GKMC, which are considered to be the two best works of Jay and Nas respectively. As for greatness being judged purely on who's been around the longest time, people who are absolutely terrible like DMX would be in the running.

If people are able to put Notorious BIG in their Top 5's after two albums, why not Kendrick?

As for this whole thing about 'classics' I don't buy into it. You're telling me just because one album is older than another it is better? If so Grandmaster Flash would never be knocked off the hip-hop totem pole. It's a ridiculous criteria to judge anything by. An album doesn't get any better after its release, it doesn't suddenly take on a life of its own and become something different so the age of it is irrelevant when discussing which is simply better.

As for Big K.R.I.T as an actual rapper he's as skilled as K.Dot, that's what I'm saying. K.R.I.T just hasn't had the breakout record yet to truly elevate him. But riddle me this, how is it that people with less extensive discographies like Biggie manage to skip your more equals better.
because biggies album had TIME to become classic. you gain and lose different perspectives when you have the luxury of time. plus the whole west coast/east coast feud at the time which became more of a pop culture thing than just a hip hop thing made him larger than life. kendrick isnt anybody in the large scheme of things in pop culture.

you are so off base with the stuff you say about classics. sure the material doesnt change but you are telling me that you have never viewed something differently 10 yrs after the fact?? ppl do all the time with many different things, like i said you get a broader perspective and aren't stuck in the moment anymore.

i know this site just had that big improvement topic about bein polite but i dunno what to even say about that bolded part. im just flabbergasted completely that those words would ever be typed or said by anybody ever. em's rhyme schemes and flow are only rivaled by nas imo. jesus just look at the tons and tons of huge eminem songs. if you cant see the incredible talent in a song like lose yourself then i just dont think you have any credibility talkin about rapping.

longevity IS impressive. it is impressive in any profession, to be able to remain good at something that is so hard to do for such a long period of time. even if there are flops, which is the case with almost anyone with a lot of time in any genre, its impressive. SSLP, MMLP, Encore, Relapse, Recovery, etc. i dont even like all of those albums, especially encore and relapse but dont hate on longevity if thats what you are doin

plus i hate how you are twisting my words and want you to stop. saying things like:

Quote:
As for greatness being judged purely on who's been around the longest time
and

Quote:
You're telling me just because one album is older than another it is better?
so what are you tryin to do, fabricate my argument in this discussion so yuo have something to argue agaisnt?? of course i didnt say greatness was only defined as who has been around the longest. of course i didnt say that because one album is older its better. so why make it up?? its like u wanna sensationalize what im sayin to make your viewpoint seem more legit
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote