Music Banter - View Single Post - *** The Themed Weekly Member Mixtape Thread Is Back ***
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 10:00 AM   #68 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
2. Urban Hatemonger: Dengue Fever - Tiger Phone Card
Cute. The lyrics are, as has been said, amusingly silly. It's a fun little song, but I'm not really thinking about listening to more of them. They're not Manowar after all.

Quote:
3. LoathsomePete: Killing Joke - Inside the Termite Mound
I've listened to Killing Joke before and loved them. Pandemonium pretty much blew me away, but I am rather indifferent to this. Just ended up as background music. I guess industrial and post-punk are just pretty hit or miss with me.

Quote:
4. Chrysalis: Jesu - Farewell
I remember hearing Jesu's early work, and I think it was like metal mixed with shoegaze, so I was surprised when I heard this. Unfortunately, laid back electronica isn't really my thing. At least not right now.

Quote:
5. Trollheart: Ken Kiernan and Ger MacDonald - Crom Cruach
Couldn't find it on Youtube, and downloading the thingy on a library computer isn't a headache I'm willing to undergo. Sorry buddy.

Quote:
6. Mondo Bungle: Beats Antique - Dope Crunk
This is actually the first song I really liked off here. The off-the-wall rhythms mixed with the eastern music is quite infectious. I'm curious if this is just how one of their songs sounds, or if this is just their sound. To be honest, this seems like a gimmick that might wear thin after a while.

Quote:
7. Dr. Rez: Benjamin Francis Leftwich - Atlas Hands
Indie folk isn't really a natural genre for me, but when I'm in the right mood the peacefulness can be totally immersive. I'm not really in that mood at the moment though. I've been giving this a few extra spins just cause I don't wanna miss out on something I might get on some other day, but it's not really grabbing me.

Quote:
8. djchameleon: Fort Minor - Petrified (Doors Remix)
I wanted to like this, and I definitely don't hate it, but if I'm gonna listen to mediocre hip hop I'd rather the MC's to be wearing ****ty clown makeup.

Quote:
9. zer0: Chameleons - Second Skin
I'm picky about my post-punk. I've never really been able to make it through an entire Joy Division song without wanting to go listen to something else. This is in the same kind of category, but there's something euphoric about this song that is engaging me where I'd usually be indifferent. Not blown away or anything, but I'm enjoying it at least.

Quote:
10. Blarobbarg: Psalters -Dumpster Divers
A fun little diddy...not much else to say I guess. Folk that's fun. Yep.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.

Last edited by The Batlord; 08-13-2013 at 10:06 AM.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote