Music Banter - View Single Post - Any baseball fans?
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 10:23 AM   #82 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 216 View Post
man i dunno what your angels can do to get themselves out of the mess of contracts they are gonna find themselves in for the future. that pujols contract is gonna be awful the last few years of it. im not sure whats up with him or why his production dropped.

trout is obviously a stud but other than that i dunno what to think. i thought the angels were destined for the world series or at least playoffs at the beginning of last year.

i do like seeing the west load up on talent though with the angels and dodgers. then you have the two smaller spenders, oakland and san fran being very competitive obviously. the nl west continues to be a joke tho
The Angels are definitely loaded with back-loaded inflated contracts. Pujols was decent enough his first year 30/100 will always fly on my team. Hes been injured the entire year with the plantar fasciitis and needs surgery. I'm hoping he will come back strong, but that certainly is a worrisome contract in the pending years.

I'd throw Kendrick into the good mix as well as Trumbo. Their huge problem this year has been timely scoring and horrible relief pitching. Things are not looking up. Their farm system is barren at best, but I like their third base prospect Kaleb Cowart hes gonna be a good one. CJ Cron looks like a stud also, but the Angels are crowded at first base he'll probably be trade bait.

Oakland and Texas are both very good teams albeit two different studies in how to put together a winning team. Texas always loads up free agent wise but they do groom talent. Oakland is primarily a farm system makeover and it works as they are usually in the mix.

As for the NL West i'd say the D-BACKS are a decent team as well as the Dodgers. I hit Dodger stadium on occassion and the buzz is certainly growing. Its a great park.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote