Music Banter - View Single Post - Kendrick Lamar on Big Sean's "Control" and Hip Hop Universe Goes Crazy
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 11:08 AM   #19 (permalink)
FrigginParadox
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
They're putting a lot of emphasis on this verse. Like Rosenberg was talking about how people should be offended if they weren't called out on the verse and everything. That was crazy. Does this mean everyone should feel honored to be called out by Kendrick Lamar?

I loved the verse, though.

I loved how he called out even his friends and basically said this is competition, and I'm going to beat all of you. It shows who he respects, but it also shows that he wants to be higher than the top rappers in the game right now. It also shows who he doesn't think is competition.
It seems stupid but being called out by one of the best out right now, out of the blue is almost an honor because like you said he respects them as his competition. those are the people he feels who could threaten him. If you put it in a sports like context, when the players are off the court or field they all can be buddy buddy but when it comes to the game, they are enemies, and friendship is tossed aside. for Kendrick this is the game ya know?
FrigginParadox is offline   Reply With Quote