Music Banter - View Single Post - Kendrick Lamar on Big Sean's "Control" and Hip Hop Universe Goes Crazy
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 11:58 AM   #23 (permalink)
The Big Dog

I find it quite interesting the names that Kendrick decided to omit. If we're talking those who rose to prominence around the same time then Danny Brown is a glaring omission. Could it be that Kendrick considers D Brown to be a threat to the metaphorical crown he's placed on his head.

He also neglected to call out any of his Black Hippy crew which I find interesting, he was obviously trying to stir the pot but instead of taking rappers he's obviously more talented than I.E. Ab-Soul, Jack Rock, Schoolboy Q he just didn't mention them because of their friendship, which in the basis of the song is somewhat hypocritical as K.Dot's obviously calling out the guys he believes he's above.

I tell you though, just wait for Big K.R.I.T to drop a massive album. The guy's humble and self sufficient, he writes and produces everything he does. If he gets on board with some bigger names and converts his potential to a record I have no doubt he'll be the next big breakout guy. Even if he retains his humility he could go onto have a career similar to Mos Def or Black Thought.
14232949 is offline   Reply With Quote