Music Banter - View Single Post - World Cup 2014 thread
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 02:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy Kittens View Post
What makes you think Messi bottles it? He did everything but score in the last World Cup. He scored in 2006 at the age of 19. He's won gold with Argentina at the Olympics and he's now scoring a goal a game for the national team, after having averaged an assist a game previously, he plays higher up the pitch now. I try to watch Messi whenever he plays and in the qualifiers toward the back end of last year he was phenomenal. I know it's a cop out but I really do believe he's just been unlucky and he's gonna silence his critics good and proper next year. For me he is already the greatest of all time.

Good shout on Germany, probably the best squad as well. Wouldn't mind seeing them winning it but England > Argentina > Germany > everyone else for me. Just really want to see Messi win the World Cup. The Netherlands too actually.

If we fail to qualify I think I'll cry as this is the last decent World Cup for the next 13 years at least.

EDIT - Are you English? So-Cal?
I'm under the impression hes about as good as they come also, but winning on the biggest stage has always alluded him. He hasn't proven **** on the big stage. Hes done everything but score? Thats what hes there for is to score. I'm not convinced he will do anything to bust out. Hes gonna get bottled up again. Germany is a very poised group with a multitude of talented players, they will do very well in 2014.

I'm in Southern California.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote