Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 04:16 PM   #13470 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
The first Hellraiser is one of my favorite horror movies. (I do find its ambiguous location kind of funny though.)
Ambiguous location?

Ugh, I watched the fourth Hellraiser film, Bloodline, out of curiosity today. While watching it, I just got the feeling the writers didn't understand the myhology or characters. For example they pretty much establish that the Hellraiser hell is the biblical hell. The explanation behind why it doesn't quite look like it seems to be that while it used to be more biblical, hell was literally just redesigned away from the Danteish style of old at some point. In the first film, the cenobites are 'demons to some, angels to others', but this film establishes them as biblical demons. How much less intriguing .. And whereas Pinhead was more or less just an amoral entity fullfilling some purpose or doing some job in the first two movies, in this he's an evil guy who works towards enslaving or killing all of humanity or somesuch.

In other words, they took something unique and made it a lot more unimaginative and run-of-the-mill. I'll stay away from the rest of the series.